Wednesday: Main Conference Day 2 & Masterclasses
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Coffee
8:00 am - 8:10 am OPEX WEEK Day Three: Chair's Opening
8:00 am - 8:30 am KEYNOTE: Developing leadership behaviours to drive customer first mindset and cultureLiz Iversen - Senior Vice President, Chief Quality & Regulatory Officer, Philips
There is a big difference between customer focused and revenue focused companies. As leading companies adopting customer first mindset, one of the critical questions they need to answer is what kind of leadership behaviorsare needed to drive home the customer first transformation. Liz will share some great advice and experiences from Phillips in this keynote session:
· What are the key differences between revenue focused and customer focused strategies?
· Ask the next layer of questions: Are your Kaizen events creating end to end customer value?
· A spotlight on leadership behavior: What do we as leaders need to change to drive the customer first transformation?
Liz IversenSenior Vice President, Chief Quality & Regulatory Officer
8:30 am - 8:50 am SPONSORED PLENARY SESSION: The Radical Paradigm Change for your Business Excellence Platform
8:50 am - 9:20 am KEYNOTE PANEL: Process Excellence vs. Technology Excellence vs. People ExcellenceMustafa Abdulali - Director of Lean Transformation, NCH Healthcare System
Emmanuel "Manu" Decroix - VP of Group Efficiency, Essilor
People, Process and Technology are the three key dimensions in driving your transformation forward. However, when priorities competing with each other, which dimension would you invest first? This panel will provide a live debate on which should be your top priority and what’s the outcome of each scenario.
· Where do you invest at different stages of transformation
· What would you fall short on if you don’t or only invest in one of the dimensions?
· How to strive the optimal balance in your process, technology and people triangle?
Mustafa AbdulaliDirector of Lean Transformation
NCH Healthcare System
Emmanuel "Manu" DecroixVP of Group Efficiency
9:20 am - 9:40 am SPONSORED PLENARY SESSION: Leading the digital change with a customer edge: Robotics, Analytics and AI driving the future of customer service
9:40 am - 10:10 am PEX NETWORK AWARD WINNERS PANEL SHOWCASE
10:10 am - 10:40 am Morning Break
Track M: Strategy & Process Transformation10:40 am - 11:05 am CASE STUDY: Southwest Airlines Journey to Leverage Process to connect Strategy to Action Andrew Mathieson - Enterprise Business Architect, Southwest Airlines
- What frameworks has Southwest leveraged to better align and prioritize work against Strategy
- A holistic process centric approach is required to build the linkage between Strategy and Action
- There is no one tool to do it all Southwest Airlines’ lessons earned to date
Andrew MathiesonEnterprise Business Architect
Track N: Technology Excellence10:40 am - 11:05 am Leverage AI/Machine Learning with traditional improvement methodologies to drive process transformation Daniel Lee - Head of Process Engineering, Google Express
- Agile business transformation focusing on problem solving
- Capacity Management through Predictive Demand
- How do we implement Robotics, Analytics and Artificial Intelligent to drive process transformation
Daniel LeeHead of Process Engineering
Track O: People & Culture Excellence10:40 am - 11:05 am Case Study: Measuring and shifting culture change: Lessons learned and best practices sharing from the U.S Air Force Mark Watson - Chief Wing Transformation & Innovation Officer, U.S. Air Force
U.S Air Force has a long history of deploying lean based methodologies as early as the 90s. This session will provide a hands-on perspective on how Mark and his wing have managed to shift the culture.
· Measure culture through research processes to identify gaps
· Using the Kotter change management model to transform culture
· What has worked in developing a culture of innovation
Mark WatsonChief Wing Transformation & Innovation Officer
U.S. Air Force
Track P: Customer Excellence10:40 am - 11:05 am Data driven customer experience improvement Bob MacDonald - Managing Director, Corporate Strategy, TD Ameritrade
11:05 am - 11:10 am 5 minute changeover
Track M: Strategy & Process Transformation11:10 am - 11:35 am A future of finance case study: How National Grid are transforming their finance processes Martin Jahn - Director Process Engineering, National Grid
· Process Simplification: Simply finance processes with a lean approach & streamline the finance organization
· Hands Off: Identify opportunities for automation, build automation capability & automate finance processes
· Technology: SAP S4 and Code Block redesign
· Business Partner Evolution: Define the role of the business partner and link to the work of the future
Martin JahnDirector Process Engineering
Track N: Technology Excellence11:10 am - 11:35 am Case study: Achieving 6x performance improvement through Business Agility Framework Samantha Bureau-Johnson - Vice President, Business Process Excellence & Project Management Offic, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
In addition to Lean six sigma, PMO and Process Architecture approach, Samantha and her team continues to push into new boundaries for speed and efficiency. She will outline one of the new digital transformation frameworks they are initiating with BCBSNC to achieve 6x performance improvement.
· Supporting digital transformation for customer experience through an agile approach
· Moving from waterfall into Agile DevOps model: Outlining the Business Agility framework
· Scaling up the initiative by developing the capabilities throughout planning and execution stages
Samantha Bureau-JohnsonVice President, Business Process Excellence & Project Management Offic
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Track O: People & Culture Excellence11:10 am - 11:35 am Case Study: Driving large scale global transformation in a customized, low volume global business: An Allianz case study Nigel Leppitt - Global Head of Organisation and Business Transformation, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE
Nigel will take you through how a traditional insurance company has sought to drive operational excellence and IT transformation in parallel and also explore the impact of culture on successful outcomes.
· Running at full stretch – models for helping the business absorb culture, process and technology changes in parallel
· The 3 Cs – Context, Capability and Control - Just how important is methodology and recognition of business context and maturity?
· Agility v Governance – How can you be agile and still know what you are doing? How a traditional company is adopting agile and bi-modal delivery
Nigel LeppittGlobal Head of Organisation and Business Transformation
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE
Track P: Customer Excellence11:10 am - 11:35 am Change in eCommerce: Adapting strategies to survive and grow online Dallas Clarksean - Chief Operations Officer, FUN
· Growth story of a specialty eCommerce start up
· The slow death of wholesale
· The need for niche retail
· Amazon as a channel and competitor
· Reinventing yourself can be a core competency
Dallas ClarkseanChief Operations Officer
11:35 am - 11:40 am 5 minutes changeover
Track M: Strategy & Process Transformation11:40 am - 12:05 pm Commercial Efficiency: Drive high Growth and value Jennifer Hurst - Business Process Improvement Centre of Excellence Leader, Nielsen
Susanna Watson - Lead Process Improvement Partner, Nielsen
Fitting more of what matters into our day can improve associate engagement and grow profits. We’ll look at how Lean concepts were applied to client service teams across six countries to:
· Measure opportunities to gauge the size of the prize
· Leverage local and cross-country ideas to deliver the most impactful solutions
· Generate excitement through communications and change management
· Sustain changes with local governance and key metrics
· Free up time to reinvest in revenue-generating activities
Jennifer HurstBusiness Process Improvement Centre of Excellence Leader
Susanna WatsonLead Process Improvement Partner
Track N: Technology Excellence11:40 am - 12:05 pm Case Study: A data driven end to end digital and process transformation: Implementing journey mapping, continuous improvement with analytics James Forrest - Managing Director, Consumer Banking Operations, JP Morgan Chase
· The changing role of data and analytics in process reengineering
· Sharing examples on analytics driving process optimization
· Developing enterprise wide analytics capabilities
James ForrestManaging Director, Consumer Banking Operations
JP Morgan Chase
Track O: People & Culture Excellence11:40 am - 12:05 pm Deliver change in a different way: Leveraging LSS, Robotics, Analytics and Business Architecture Natalie Juryta - Head Innovation Delivery, Yorkshire Building Society
· Design the building blocks of your change delivery based on your transformation strategies
· When does Robotic Process Automation make the biggest difference?
· Turning the way you look at change from big projects into faster, more sustainable ways
· Follow through change lifecycle to ensure engagement and sustainability
Natalie JurytaHead Innovation Delivery
Yorkshire Building Society
Track P: Customer Excellence11:40 am - 12:05 pm Panel Discussion: Rethink and transform customer experience in the digital age Sundar Chari - Director, Change Management, Revenue Management, Hertz
· Gain a deeper understanding on customer behaviors through advanced analytics
· What is digital enabling us to do in the customer experience front?
· Reengineer customer experience through with a process excellence mindset
Sundar ChariDirector, Change Management, Revenue Management
12:05 pm - 12:10 pm Move back into the Plenary Room
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm PLENARY KEYNOTE: OPEX Week Hall of Fame Panel Discussion: The Past, the Present and the Future of Operational Excellence and Business TransformationGarret J. Etgen - Ph.D., Senior Director and Six Sigma Champion, Lilly Research Laboratories Operations, Eli Lilly and Company
Rick Hepp - President, Enterprise Excellence Services, LLC
Ian Hawkins - Editor, PEX Network
This special panel is organized as a reunion of some of our outstanding past keynote speakers and advisors to provide a unique and special perspective on what has changed in the past 20 years and what can we look forward to in the next 10 years.
Garret J. EtgenPh.D., Senior Director and Six Sigma Champion, Lilly Research Laboratories Operations
Eli Lilly and Company
Enterprise Excellence Services, LLC
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm End of OPEX Week: Business Transformation Summit 2019
Post-Conference Afternoon Masterclass 1: Women in Leadership2:00 pm - 5:00 pm WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP: CRACKING THROUGH THE GLASS CEILING
3rd year running, women in leadership masterclass has become an integral part of OPEX Week as we see more and more female leaders rise to the top and break the glass ceiling. Our prestigious female leader panellists will share their personal journeys and practical tips to inspire and help you accelerate your leadership skills.
Post-Conference Afternoon Masterclass 2: Manufacturing & Supply Chain Excellence2:00 pm - 5:00 pm MANUFACTURING & SUPPLY CHAIN EXCELLENCE Rick Hepp - President, Enterprise Excellence Services, LLC
This masterclass is dedicated to exploring best practices and dynamic strategies of implementing lean in the digital manufacturing and supply chain era. Join this session and find out how leading manufacturers are bridging operational excellence with industrial 4.0.
Enterprise Excellence Services, LLC
Post-Conference Afternoon Masterclass 3: Innovation & Design Thinking2:00 pm - 5:00 pm INNOVATION & DESIGN THINKING Mehul Mehta - Director, Business Optimization & Agility, GAF
If you have done enough improvement and would like to leap into the world of innovation, join this masterclass to learn a hands-on approach to rethink innovation and problem solving through the design thinking methodologies and mindsets.
Mehul MehtaDirector, Business Optimization & Agility
Post-Conference Afternoon Masterclass 4: Advanced Analytics Delivering BPM Success2:00 pm - 5:00 pm ADVANCED ANALYTICS DELIVERING BPM SUCCESS
The sheer amount of data available today presents a golden opportunity drive process and customer insights to fuel their business transformation. Combining advanced analytics with BPM approach is ever more important for driving process excellence. Join this masterclass to find out how this can be done.