Thursday: Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Coffee for Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day Attendees
8:30 am - 2:00 pm SITE TOUR to Florida Hospital Innovation Lab (25 PAX ONLY)Karen Tilstra - Co-Founder Florida Hospital Innovation Lab
About Florida Hospital Innovation Lab:
The Florida Hospital Innovation Lab - FHIL, embedded inside one of America’s largest healthcare providers, is fostering a culture of human centered innovation from within.
FHIL is an award winning innovation lab committed to discovering human- centered solutions for today’s healthcare challenges. FHIL launched the beginning of 2012 and today more than 506 projects, and more than 32 healthcare companies have come through FHIL. This means more than 5030 healthcare professionals, educators, business people, and students have participated in FHIL.
What can you learn from the tour?
· See innovation happening with your own eyes: feel the energy of innovation and see how people work together to create a true innovation culture
· Understand how doctors, administrative staff and nurses come together to collaborate and redesign the patient experience
· Understand how to use design model and process to solve complex healthcare problems
Site Tour schedule:
8:30 Registration at Hotel Lobby
9:00 Bus departing hotel
10:00 Arrival & Welcome
10:15- 12:15 Introduction & Touring
12:30 Bus departing FHIL
1:30pm Arrivals & End of Site Tour
Florida Hospital Innovation Lab
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 1: Intelligent Automation9:00 am - 9:45 am Turning your service centre into a profit centre through Intelligent automation
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 2: Transformational Leadership9:00 am - 9:30 am What does a transformational leader look like? Camille Romero - Director, Organizational Effectiveness Ball Corporation
This session will outline some of key traits of transformation leaders who are:
· Context driven – able to understand and respond to shifting dynamics in their organization and in the larger business context
· Flexible – able to call on different leadership capabilities to best lead in the current context, and to inspire and connect with the people they lead to achieve results
· Human – able to create an environment in which they and those they lead can bring their best, authentic selves to the workplace
Camille RomeroDirector, Organizational Effectiveness
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 3: Customer Experience Transformation9:00 am - 9:45 am Integrating CI, Data Science, Innovation and Strategy to achieve business and customer excellence Ruben Del Toro - Enterprise Continuous Improvement, Strategic Planning Southwest Airlines
Angela Marano - Senior Director, Business Performance Improvement Southwest Airlines
This case study will share the Southwest Airlines’ CI Program Deployment Story.
· The current state of CI deployment
· Linking process excellence with customer journey
· Sharing insights into the future plans to integrate CI, Data Science, Innovation and Strategy
Ruben Del ToroEnterprise Continuous Improvement, Strategic Planning
Angela MaranoSenior Director, Business Performance Improvement
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 1: Intelligent Automation9:45 am - 10:30 am Combining RPA and lean initiatives to deliver end to end process transformation and significant efficiency Ricardo Badillo - Director, Business Process Management Western Union
Western Union started their global RPA and Process Excellence Journey at the same time, about 3 years ago. Not only millions of dollars have been saved through their robust automation program, they have been able double the business impact through process analytics and standardization.
· When RPA meets lean: a double whammy approach on efficiency and process transformation
· You don’t automate a bad process: Fix it first!
· Where is automation falling short and how is lean complementing that?
· Change management in RPA and lean initiatives
Ricardo BadilloDirector, Business Process Management
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 2: Transformational Leadership9:45 am - 10:30 am Panel Discussion: Inclusive leadership to inspire human-based innovation Jeff Miller - SVP, Head of Wholesale Process Engineering and Robotics Wells Fargo
Camille Romero - Director, Organizational Effectiveness Ball Corporation
Dani Hollis - Vice President, Project Implementations and Quality PSCU
· What is human based and inclusive leadership?
· How does leadership make a difference in driving transformation
Jeff MillerSVP, Head of Wholesale Process Engineering and Robotics
Camille RomeroDirector, Organizational Effectiveness
Dani HollisVice President, Project Implementations and Quality
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 3: Customer Experience Transformation9:45 am - 10:30 am Case study: End to end process transformation with customers at the heart Joshua Karpinski - Manager Strategic Planning & Support National Grid
This case study will demonstrate how National Grid has transformed their Revenue Cycle Management Order to Cash Process leveraging process excellence tools translating the voice of the customer into business efficiencies
· Focusing on end to end process reengineering from the customers perspective
· Developing a collaborative approach to drive end to end customer ease and satisfaction
· Sharing key projects, initiatives and ROIs that have been contributing a positive business impact
· Driving a cultural performance transformation: What have we done differently?
Joshua KarpinskiManager Strategic Planning & Support
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 1: Intelligent Automation11:00 am - 11:45 am Effective IT buy-in and collaboration to ensure IA program success David Friedman - Director, Robotic Process Automation American Express
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 2: Transformational Leadership11:00 am - 11:45 am Lead in the age of transformation Deborah Hawkes - Vice President of Process Excellence & Business Analytics Change Healthcare
Transformational leadership is all about igniting passion in others, providing visionary leadership, creating positive energy, and fostering a work environment that thrives on personal motivation, adaptability, collaboration, and ideation. In this session, we will probe and discuss the following:
· What is your organization’s predominant leadership style(s)? What is your own?
· As a leader, do you insist on collaboration and empower your people to become leaders themselves?
· Do you challenge the status quo and become a conduit for sustainable success?
· How do you rise to the challenges of today’s “do more with less” reality?
· What can/will you personally do to become a transformational leader?
Deborah HawkesVice President of Process Excellence & Business Analytics
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 3: Customer Experience Transformation11:00 am - 11:45 am Taking Voice of Customer to the next level
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 1: Intelligent Automation11:45 am - 12:30 pm How to successfully implement an effective machine learning program? Jennifer Faria - AVP, Intelligent Automation Program Lead FM Global
Post-Conference Deep Dive Focus Day 2: Transformational Leadership11:45 am - 12:30 pm Leading the change: merging a rigid CI methodology with constantly evolving business dynamics Carl Wiberg - Global Continuous Improvement Manager AkzoNobel
The traditional approach to CI and Lean Six Sigma is centered on rigid structures and standards. The business requirements today are challenging this approach with a greater need for speed, flexibility and adaptability.
· How can we incorporate new ideas and approaches while maintaining the benefits from standards and structures?
· What can this transformation look like, how can it be accomplished?
· How does it affect the way we run improvement projects and manage project scope?
Carl WibergGlobal Continuous Improvement Manager