Monday: Workshops & Opening Keynotes
7:00 am - 8:00 am Registration
Workshop A1 - A10 (Choose 1 to attend)
A18:00 am - 9:30 am A1: Planning a business transformation initiative from the perspective of the customer value proposition Terry Roach - Chief Executive Officer, Capsifi
A successful transformation initiative is more than just adopting a new set of technologies. It requires rethinking the business model to identify the value of doing business digitally. Designing digital customer interactions starts with a segmented approach to articulating the value proposition of your digital offerings and the capabilities required to support your digital value streams.
In this session we will explore
- The anatomy of a value proposition - targeting offerings at customer segments
- The inside-out perspective of value creation from the businesses value-streams
- The outside-in perspective of value delivery from the customer experience
- Scoping and prioritising of business capability uplifts to enable new digital opportunities
Terry RoachChief Executive Officer
A28:00 am - 9:30 am A2: Setting up an effective program and adopting a maturity framework to advance your OPEX program quickly Ryan Mayer - Vice President OPEX, BioReference Laboratories
Ryan was tasked to start the OPEX program from scratch at BioReference Laboratories and get it up to speed quickly. With his extensive experience in setting up large scale OPEX programs, he has quickly led the team to a steady start. This session will provide a deep dive into what could be achieved in just a year’s time.
· Setting up the OPEX program framework and change management required in terms of moving up the maturity level
· Setting up an organization in terms of people and asset relating to change management
· Develop a three year strategy and vision to outline the key capabilities to be developed
· Project prioritization and tracking to maximize business impact
· Leverage the tools that exist already: Lessons learned from how Christians spreaded in Rome
· Tackle the culture and change with a sustainable approach
Ryan MayerVice President OPEX
A38:00 am - 9:30 am A3: How do you successfully implement Hoshin Planning...what I wish I'd known before I started! Paul Docherty - Founder and Executive Director, i-nexus
· What is Hoshin planning and why does it work?
· What are typically the different stages of maturity (Crawl, Walk, Run...) and how do you know what to aim for?
· What are the typical pitfalls and how do you avoid them?
· How do you scale and sustain Hoshin planning?
Paul DochertyFounder and Executive Director
A48:00 am - 9:30 am A4: Develop Continuous Improvement capabilities across the entire enterprise David Marlow - Director of Operations, Continuous Learning and Improvement, Northwestern Mutual
· What get you here will not bring you to the next level: “The best must get better” mentality for continuous improvement
· Developing true value stream mapping for process reengineering: What does it look like?
· Incorporating Agile and Design thinking as part of the Continuous Learning and Improvement initiatives
· Driving the culture change to make long lasting business impact
David MarlowDirector of Operations, Continuous Learning and Improvement
A58:00 am - 9:30 am A5: Strategizing & Initiating RPA: an Agile Approach Alex Burak - Sales Manager, EMEA, IBA Group
Setting up RPA Center of Excellence requires understanding and taking into consideration unique aspects of any business. Agile approach helps to drive continuous business improvements - scale faster and rapidly respond to changes without losing momentum or traction. You will learn about:
· How to establish RPA Center of Excellence. All things «Agile».
· How to set up RPA strategy and minimize "trials and errors". Partnership and synergy problems.
· How to restart RPA initiative when initial PoC failed to deliver expected results. Cases and Solutions.
· How to create unique solutions for unique tasks: Case study
Alex BurakSales Manager, EMEA
A68:00 am - 9:30 am A6: Leverage Intelligent analytics for better decision making and process optimization
A78:00 am - 9:30 am A7: The changing face of next generation BPM: Deliver value through digital process automation
A88:00 am - 9:30 am A8: Strategies and tactics for managing organizational change Jennifer Hurst - Business Process Improvement Centre of Excellence Leader, Nielsen
Our teams are pushed to be more agile, flexible, and fast-paced -- which means change and lots of it! There are many ways to get associates to the new destination and ways of working, but some routes are less painful for the individuals and less costly for the organization. Join us as we work through a ‘choose your own adventure’ themed example that you’ll be able to take directly back to your team. This 90-minute session will cover:
· Framework for managing change
· Tools that can smooth the journey
· Tactics to control different aspects of change
· Guideposts and common pitfalls
Managed change can make the difference between a successful project or program and complete failure. Join us to make sure that you’re ready to lead the adventure.
Jennifer HurstBusiness Process Improvement Centre of Excellence Leader
A98:00 am - 9:30 am A9: Uncovering core values to drive transformation James Dodkins - Principal Consultant, BP Group
Create a unique and memorable list of core values that demonstrate who you are and what you stand for as a company. This inspiring workshop will allow you to create employee engagement and unity on a whole new level as well as attractive talent that is a perfect fit for your culture. No matter if this is for the whole company, a division, a department or just your teams, values help drive empowered and confident autonomous decision making.
· Learn the mind opening questions that uncover real core values
· Learn the optimum number of core values for maximum traction
· Learn how to embed your core values into your culture
· Learn the values of some of the world’s best performing companies and model their format
· Learn the simple ‘Vale Hack’ that turns values from words into memorable phrases
· Learn the simple and cost effective internal project that gets everyone immediately talking about, reading about and demonstrating your core values.
· Learn how value based awards can embed your values into your culture.
· Learn how ‘Value Awards’ can make your values your employees main focus,
· Learn the importance of employee led core value creation and why a list of values produced by a consultant will never positively effect culture
James DodkinsPrincipal Consultant
A108:00 am - 9:30 am A10: Leverage Objectives and Key Results (OKR) to improve customer experience and results Madlyn Del Monte - Director of Lean Practices, Dun & Bradstreet
Join this interactive and hands-on workshop to learn how Dun & Bradstreet is transforming their business by changing the way of thinking through lean and agile. Maddy will also take you through the steps and exercises of OKR to show you how can you bring your business forward with a specific focus on customer experience improvement.
· Change the way of thinking: Adopting a lean and agile mindset
· Success stories on leveraging agile, lean and RPA for fast business result
· Working with C-suites to determine business objectives
· Leverage OKR to set your strategic priorities and trickle down to the execution level
· Setting KPIs for specific purposes: Outlining 3-5 KPIs to move the business forward
· Putting your customer at front and centre of your transformation: Focusing on customer centricity and NPS
Madlyn Del MonteDirector of Lean Practices
Dun & Bradstreet
9:30 am - 10:00 am Morning Break
Workshop B1 - B10 (Choose 1 to attend)
B110:00 am - 11:30 am B1: Best practices in Strategic alignment and benefits realization management of the transformation project portfolio Georgios Moschoglou - Ph.D., Faculty Director and Associate Professor, Project, Program & Portfolio Management, Georgetown University School
- Strategic alignment : How to align your transformation initiatives to the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Benefits realization and value management: How to translate business strategy drivers into expected benefits and evaluate the benefits achieved against original baselines
- Portfolio identification and prioritization: How to compose an optimal transformation portfolio to realize expected benefits under organizational constraints
Georgios MoschoglouPh.D., Faculty Director and Associate Professor, Project, Program & Portfolio Management
Georgetown University School
B210:00 am - 11:30 am B2: Lean Transformation framework: Best practices, obstacles and lessons learned Joe D'apollonio - Operational Excellence Leader, Ingersoll Rand
· Identifying the value stream of the process and develop a target transformation plan
· Develop a framework on how to develop your transformation plan and execute the activities on the plan
· Continuously driving improvement year over year: What are the most effective ways?
· Challenges: How to getting support from the cross-functional business leaders?
· Dealing with complexity of differences in business unit priorities
Joe D'apollonioOperational Excellence Leader
B310:00 am - 11:30 am B3: Visualize change and move your transformation forward: Leverage the error management system to drive continuous improvement Tom Petzke - Head of Process Excellence & Continuous Improvement, Amadeus IT Group
Tom will walk you through the journey of Amadeus’ business transformation that started three years ago in the operations areas and has since expanded; focusing on culture change based on lean and agile principles. He will dive into the details of how they have visualized and measured their work to derive a unique error management system for process improvement.
· Switching from opinion based improvement to data and evidence based improvement concept
· How to integrate lean and agile to change the way we work
· Rolling out the error management system as the main tool to visualize and measure the progress for continuous improvement
· Exercise time: How you can help accelerate our journey
Tom PetzkeHead of Process Excellence & Continuous Improvement
Amadeus IT Group
B410:00 am - 11:30 am B4: Developing leadership behaviours and capabilities to drive a continuous improvement culture
· What types of behaviors are we looking for to drive change forward?
· Identifying, recognizing and rewarding the right behaviors to encourage adoption
· Develop leadership capability through training, coaching and engagement programs
· Develop strategies to deepen accountability and sustain improvement results
B510:00 am - 11:30 am B5: Develop an effective governance model to successfully scale up RPA Ricardo Badillo - Director, Business Process Management, Western Union
Often times it’s a no brainer for businesses to pilot and implement RPA as it’s a strong business case to build. Yet, what becomes more crucial in a scaled and sustainable RPA program is the governance model. However, it is not a one-size-fit-all scenario. In this workshop session, Ricardo will share with you different governance models for RPA and how they have worked and fallen short in some areas so you can take away from these valuable experiences to build the model that suits your organization.
· Understanding the pros and cons of different governance models
· Develop a governance model that suits your organizational structure and RPA scale up
· Managing your RPA program through your centre of excellence
Ricardo BadilloDirector, Business Process Management
B610:00 am - 11:30 am B6: A practical guide to applying lean production and management techniques to transform IT operations
Who has heard talks on business transformation that are (too) long on theory and short on practical application? Anyone observe the difficulties of applying lean production and management systems in an IT environment? We often hear about frameworks for organizing thoughts around transformation, but not enough about a process from which to act, and many times the suggested methods fail to reflect the realities of producing and managing Information Technology services. Join Tom Paider, co-author of The Lean IT Field Guide: A Roadmap for Your Transformation, and Peg Pennington of The Ohio State University Center for Operational Excellence, as they facilitate a workshop addressing this urgent need for the IT community and the businesses that depend on them. Workshop participants will learn proven methods for creating and sustaining a true lean IT workplace. The workshop highlights the organizational techniques of more agile and lean processes and the leadership work required of management to sustain them.
B710:00 am - 11:30 am B7: Reinventing business process through automation, AI and machine learning
· How to utilize AI, machine learning and analytics to create frictionless customer interactions and processes
· Leverage advanced automation to enable real time collaboration and breakdown organizational silos
· Creating the next generational operating model for business processes
B810:00 am - 11:30 am B8: A practitioner’s guide for creating significant change John Mansfield - Senior Vice President, Operations Practice Lead, Fidelity Investments
This interactive workshop will present several change management tools, techniques and frameworks used by Fidelity Investment Practitioners that have proven to create significant change. When these change management concepts are executed appropriately, it’s not unusual for a business to realize at least a 40% performance improvement. The workshop will include examples of successes (and shortfalls) and will provide opportunities to practice some of the techniques. Some of the questions the workshop will address:
· What factors are important to create change; how can you assess those factors?
· How can you influence others that you cannot control? Is it worth it?
· What tactics can you use to build trust and to strengthen a relationship?
· What should you be aware of that may compete or weaken your abilities to influence?
John MansfieldSenior Vice President, Operations Practice Lead
B910:00 am - 11:30 am B9: Delivering Strategic, Tactical, and Cultural Operational Excellence Deployment Steven Khoo - Assistant Vice President, Operational Excellence, Sime Darby Plantation
· Tactical deployment alone is no longer sufficient for Operational Excellence. A holistic deployment builds the Strategic, Tactical, and Cultural together. What does this mean to the organisation?
· Strategic stewardship is having clear vision and committed action. How can you align your strategy to business goals?
· Tactical development is all about building people. What does sustainable tactical development look like?
· Cultural transformation is a change from within. Where do you start and what mechanisms are there to explore?
Steven KhooAssistant Vice President, Operational Excellence
Sime Darby Plantation
B1010:00 am - 11:30 am B10: OPEX driving customer value: When value stream mapping (VSM) meets customer journey mapping (CSM) Therese Steiner - Director, Operational Effectiveness, Global Operations, LexisNexis
This workshop will demonstrate how process leaders can use their value stream mapping skillsets to transform their customer experience by mapping your customer journey effectively and improving your customer satisfaction.
· Identify the most impactful customer centric process improvements in your organization through Value Stream Mapping
· Map current vs. ideal value streams to identify improvements
· Develop a comprehensive plan to make your customer journey smoother
Therese SteinerDirector, Operational Effectiveness, Global Operations
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Early Networking Lunch
Workshop C1- C10 (Choose 1 to attend)
C112:30 pm - 2:00 pm C1: Drive enterprise wide deep change: Aligning transformation strategy, OPEX and process architecture for business impact Joseph Anderson - Vice President of Services, Institute for Process Excellence
· Setting a transformation strategy to directly connect with and support your business vision
· Setting a transformation framework: OPEX, Portfolio Management, Process Automation & Change Management
· Driving enterprise wide deep change: Lesson learned
Joseph AndersonVice President of Services
Institute for Process Excellence
C212:30 pm - 2:00 pm C2: Achieving end to end process excellence with an adaptive approach: Combining Lean Six Sigma, Design Thinking and Robotics to tap your potentials Michael Stober - SVP Process Reengineering, Citizens Bank
· Getting the first steps rights: Evaluating and realizing improvement opportunities across the entire organization
· Creating your own methodology from proven methods such as lean six sigma, design thinking
· Best practices in delivering results through multiple levers
· Breaking down the silos to create end to end processes
· Reengineering and integrating RPA, BPM and BPO: Challenges and successes
Michael StoberSVP Process Reengineering
C312:30 pm - 2:00 pm C3: Become a Design Thinker - Think Like the World’s Best Innovators! Karen Tilstra - Co-Founder, Florida Hospital Innovation Lab
Join this powerful engaging workshop to learn Design Thinking (DT), a proven method for spotting and creatively tackling hidden opportunities. You will gain fresh perspectives on problem solving, learn DT mindsets that lead to relevant and sustainable solutions. You will leave ready and committed to apply your new skills. Typical results include ways to discover new revenue streams, internal efficiencies, and greater customer and employee satisfaction. Ready to earn your innovation wings and break though?? Join the fun!
· Learn the 5 spaces of Design Thinking (DT), build a rapid-fire DT tool-kit & learn how the art of better problem finding and solving.
· Real-life case studies highlighting how DT has worked inside one of the nation’s largest hospital systems.
· A brief overview of how to create a DT lab and key elements that keep it relevant and sustainable
Florida Hospital Innovation Lab
C412:30 pm - 2:00 pm C4: 10 mistakes you could avoid during your business and process transformation Mohamed Saleh - Director Operational Excellence and Senior Lean Sensei, Hartford Healthcare
Connie Flores - Lean Sensei, Hartford Healthcare
80% of transformation initiatives fail. This workshop provides a rare opportunity to hear top 10 reasons why initiatives fail so you can revert your transformation away from them.
· Finding a path to success with a thorough understanding of why they fail
· Providing countermeasures for different scenarios to turn around your transformation
Mohamed SalehDirector Operational Excellence and Senior Lean Sensei
Connie FloresLean Sensei
C512:30 pm - 2:00 pm C5: Stay ahead in the era of digital transformation: Empower your processes through process mining and RPA Massimiliano Delsante - Chief Executive Officer, myInvenio - a Cognitive company
Join this workshop to redefine operations and learn how to use the most efficient Digital Transformation and Process Mining solution to drive continuous process improvements. Get the skills to gain the best returns from automatic process discovery, constant compliance and performance monitoring, identification of automation opportunities, RPA implementation, and simulation to drive continuous operational improvements.
· A clear understanding of how processes can be automatically discovered and how the levels of automation can be identified
· The fundamentals of ensuring compliance
· A deeper knowledge of how to analyze process performance, costs and crucial areas of improvement
· Implement RPA using simulated scenarios and What-If analyses for continuous monitoring and constant revelation of improvement opportunities
Massimiliano DelsanteChief Executive Officer
myInvenio - a Cognitive company
C612:30 pm - 2:00 pm C6: Supply chain digitalization and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) for inventory excellence Ray Poinsette - Director of Process Improvement, Beaver Street Fisheries
· Learn how Digitization of business process information can be used to reduce defects
· Learn how to identify the true data elements your customer’s desire
· Learn how to track customer satisfaction and use this information to communicate areas for rocess improvements to leaders throughout the organization
· Takeaways: The effective use and adaptability of the Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Ray PoinsetteDirector of Process Improvement
Beaver Street Fisheries
C812:30 pm - 2:00 pm C8: Supporting workforce transformation with a science-based communication framework Jan Burnham - CEO, ROC Group
Emily Kehinde - Managing Consultant, ROC Group
Change is constant in our increasingly fast-paced business environment. When new initiatives and procedures are introduced, what do your employees experience? Why is there unforeseen resistance to process improvement and change? Join us to learn how brain science can help inspire employees and drive desired actions. During the session, role-playing groups will focus on ways to get heard and get change. Attend this fun and hands-on experience to:
·Learn about six critical elements of change communication
·Understand barriers and mitigation tactics to getting heard
·Participate in a case study
Emily KehindeManaging Consultant
C912:30 pm - 2:00 pm C9: What is required of people, change and leadership to drive successful business transformation? Troy Eutsler - Senior Program Manager, Leadership Development, Fortune 10 Top Tier Company
Kat Payne - Senior Manager, Employee Experience, Fortune 10 Top Tier Company
· The importance of people during transformation
· Managing yourself through transformation
· Managing others through transformation
· A model for dealing with change and transformation in your organization
· Bringing it all together and making it work for you and your team.
Troy EutslerSenior Program Manager, Leadership Development
Fortune 10 Top Tier Company
Kat PayneSenior Manager, Employee Experience
Fortune 10 Top Tier Company
C1012:30 pm - 2:00 pm C10:A continuous improvement case study: How one organization sustained continuous improvement and grew their bottom line by 40 – 50% by empowering the points of value creation Therese Costich - Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Salient Management Company
Continuous improvement efforts and initiatives fail far more frequently than they should. Even those with everything going for them (executive buy-in, proper funding, requisite expertise, etc.) can fail, and even the “successes” sometimes cannot be sustained. Why?
Salient Management Company believes the answer is to empower the point of value creation. In this workshop, we will uncover the obstacles and challenges to sustaining continuous improvement. We will highlight the enablers to overcome these challenges and capitalize on the opportunities that exist in a company’s culture, illuminate where culture actually resides and describe how best to cultivate a culture that can guarantee not only the success of an OpEx initiative, but the sustained performance improvements every company strives for. We will end the workshop reviewing a case study on how one organization’s success with the model improved its bottom line by 40-50% revenue growth.
Therese CostichVice President of Strategic Initiatives
Salient Management Company
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Networking Break and Registration for Non-Workshop Attendees
2:30 pm - 2:40 pm OPEX WEEK: Business Transformation World Summit 2019 - Opening
2:40 pm - 2:50 pm Chair's remarks
2:50 pm - 3:10 pm KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Process, Customer, Growth: 3M's value driven global transformationEric Hammes - SVP Business Transformation & Information Technology, 3M
Judith Garcia-Galiana - Vice President, Global Service Centers, 3M
· Develop transformation strategies that enable future growth
· Advancing business transformation through technology, people and process evolution
· Investing in a technology ecosystem to build a digitally enabled business
· The roles for GBS and global shared services in innovation and transformation
Eric HammesSVP Business Transformation & Information Technology
Judith Garcia-GalianaVice President, Global Service Centers
3:10 pm - 3:30 pm KEYNOTE: Automation, Curiosity, and Breakthroughs: BNY Mellon's JourneyDenise Sommerville - Managing Director, Client Service Delivery & Global Head of Transformation & Program Management, BNY Mellon
- Getting from one-off solutions to holistic approaches
- Keeping humans in the process while steering them out of their ruts
- Why "failing forward" is the right approach to value
- What's next? A healthy dose of curiosity
Denise SommervilleManaging Director, Client Service Delivery & Global Head of Transformation & Program Management
1:30 pm - 1:50 pm SPONSORED PLENARY SESSION: The digital transformation trifecta: Intelligent Automation, Analytics, AIGuy Kirkwood - Chief Evangelist, UiPath
RPA and intelligent automation has taken the process management industry by storm. Yet, that’s only the beginning of the intelligent automation transformation. Companies are exploring what’s possible with leaders fully exploring the potential of Analytics and AI. This keynote session will walk you through the future state of digital transformation through RPA, Analytics and AI capabilities.
· Examining the state of RPA, Analytics and AI in process management and transformation
· Driving end to end transformation through Automation, data and machine learning capabilities
· Now that you have RPA, what’s next?
Guy KirkwoodChief Evangelist
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Book Signing by Robert Hutcherson "Organizational Optimization"Robert Hutcherson - CEO/Founder, Optimize Consulting
The newly released book "Organizational Optimization" presents a new way of strategically optimizing any organization and getting the biggest bang for their budgetary buck. In a world where leaders are consistently under pressure to produce better results, "Organizational Optimization" provides a framework and guidance for any organization whether an international conglomerate, a federal agency, a city, a professional sports team or an
entrepreneurial organization looking to optimize their true potential.
Mr. Hutcherson is the owner of Optimize Consulting, a organizational improvement firm providing strategic improvement solutions. Robert has been very successful at improving federal and commercial organizations to include over $2 billion in cost savings plus has been associated with multiple Pentagon-level improvement awards. One of his projects won two awards to include best enterprise-level project in the U.S. Army in 2012 netting over $905 million.
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Afternoon Break
4:20 pm - 4:40 pm KEYNOTE PANEL: A match made in heaven for your next performance breakthrough: Exploiting the combined power of intelligent technology solutions and process reengineeringShafi Yusuf - Head of Lean Transformation and Intelligent Automation, Bank of the West
James Forrest - Managing Director, Consumer Banking Operations, JP Morgan Chase
Vinay Mummigatti - Chief Automation Officer, LexisNexis
Tony Saldanha - Vice President, Global Business Services, Procter & Gamble
Process Leaders have been levering Lean six sigma and business improvement methodologies in pursuing cost and efficiency benefits for decades. The emergence of Intelligent Automation Solutions have completely changed the dynamic and make all wonder what is possible as business process management becoming smarter, more data/insights driven and mundane tasks being automated. This keynote panel will gather the thought leaders in the space to share real-life examples of how the combined power of Intelligent automation and process reengineering can deliver the full promise and drive that next performance breakthrough your business needs.
· Is Robotic Process Automation the 7th Sigma that we have been looking for?
· What have been achieved with the latest smart technology solutions: BPM, RPA, OCR, Analytics and AI?
· What can be achieved and how can we get there?
· Embedding Intelligent Automation with your process reengineering structure
Shafi YusufHead of Lean Transformation and Intelligent Automation
Bank of the West
James ForrestManaging Director, Consumer Banking Operations
JP Morgan Chase
Vinay MummigattiChief Automation Officer
Tony SaldanhaVice President, Global Business Services
Procter & Gamble
4:50 pm - 5:10 pm SPONSORED PLENARY SESSION: Becoming an Agile organization
5:10 pm - 6:00 pm KEYNOTE: Think like a disruptor and own the edge: Be where your customer is and be there fast!Terry Jones - Founder & Founding Chairman, Travelocity.com & Kayak.com
Leaders are worried. Businesses are being disrupted at an ever increasing pace and technological advances are converging to create unprecedented dislocation. Identify what these are and how you can turn them to your advantage. Utilizing technical forces of disruption, Terry shows our current business models that are created from disruption and how startups are shedding old concepts to create simple models that “own the edge”. The Edge - where the customer is - where we HAVE to be. Drawing from his experiences with several start ups and as the founder of Travelocity.com, founding Chairman of Kayak.com and Chairman of Wayblazer, Jones helps you to turn disruption into innovation.
· Create business models that own the customer edge
· Organizational transformation: Experience through founding one of the first disruptive companies
· Become agile as a digital company
Terry JonesFounder & Founding Chairman
Travelocity.com & Kayak.com