COO & Chief Transformation Officer Summit: Tuesday, January 22nd (Invite Only)
7:30 am - 8:30 am Registration and Coffee
8:30 am - 8:45 am Chair’s Welcome
8:45 am - 9:30 am Panel: The rise of the chief transformation officer: Priorities, challenge and obstaclesJose Tolosa - Chief Transformation Officer, Viacom
Paul Krebs - Chief Transformation Officer, Koch Industries
Frank Mendicino - Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Delaware North
Jeff Goldstein - Managing Director, AlixPartners
Change has never been faster and the pressure to transform is immense. As companies search for innovative ways of driving through organizational change, a new C-suite member has risen: the chief transformation officer. We are bringing a few leading CTOs to join the panel and share their priorities and challenges to get a clear picture of the transformational directions their companies are heading towards.
· Setting priorities to Strike the right balance between short-term improvement and long-term value
· Process, Technology vs. People: Where to invest first?
· Transformation is not one man’s job: making sure line managers take responsibility for change and ensuring they deliver results quickly and with suitably high ambition
Deploying the often-limited resources at their disposal to the different priorities of a transformation
Jose TolosaChief Transformation Officer
Frank MendicinoExecutive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
Jeff GoldsteinManaging Director
10:00 am - 10:30 am Keynote: A new COO priority: Moving away from cost cutting to developing capabilities to drive growthKapil Bansal - VP Transformation, Nokia
COOs often fight the battle of cost and efficiency; Yet it is critical for transformational COOs to shift their roles and focus on developing essential capabilities to drive top line growth for the organization. Hear Nokia’s approach and key areas they are transforming and building capabilities:
· Moving from the cost side to growth side: Creating capabilities for the companies to grow!
· Shifting the lense from a functional view to a process view for end to end transformation
· Redesign team accountabilities and KPIs to encourage behaviors to drive transformation
Kapil BansalVP Transformation
10:30 am - 11:00 am MORNING BREAK / SOLUTION PROVIDERS DEMONSTRATION DRIVES (EXPO FLOOR)
11:00 am - 11:30 am Keynote reserved for Geotz Partners
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Keynote: Transforming banking in the Nordics: from ground zero to the thrilling digital futureSimen Munter - Chief Operating Officer, Consumer Banking, Nordea
Roundtable 112:00 pm - 1:00 pm Winning with digital transformation
Roundtable 212:00 pm - 1:00 pm Identifying new growth point Paul Krebs - Chief Transformation Officer, Koch Industries
Roundtable 312:00 pm - 1:00 pm Identifying and leading millennial talent
Roundtable 412:00 pm - 1:00 pm Rethinking customer experience: Be customer obsessed! Susan Brown - Executive Vice President, Wholesale Operational Excellence, SunTrust Bank
Roundtable 512:00 pm - 1:00 pm Drive business growth with disruptive thinking Susan Reed - Founder and CEO, EdgeDweller, Inc.
Join this interactive innovation session and learn how to...
- Create ideas of the future while reducing risk and tripling your implementation rate
- Drive decision making consensus with critical tools that pave the way to safer, smarter, and longer lasting innovations.
Susan ReedFounder and CEO
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: Building a transformation roadmap towards business excellence – A Webster Bank case studyDavid Hadd - Vice President Corporate Continuous Improvement, Webster Bank
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Case Study: “You don’t join us, We join you!” – building a digitized platform to become a true health partnerClaus T Jensen - Chief Technology Officer and Head of Architecture, AETNA
During this session, Claus will share a collaborative view and practical approach on how to:
· Holistically integrate the health ecosystem we are part of
· Holistically understand the health consumers we serve
· Holistically transform the product we deliver
Claus T JensenChief Technology Officer and Head of Architecture
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Sponsored Keynote: Crowdsource your company intelligenceCraig Hickman - Futurist and SVP of New Product Development, Partners in Leadership
CEOs are concerned about three things: 1) change or disruption in the market, 2) speed of adapting to change, and 3) growth and profitability. This session addresses all three concerns through a unique perspective: purpose-connected people.
Purpose-connected professionals play a critical role in how companies adapt to change, speed, and growth. The way we interact is changing; how we access people knowledge and decision making is changing. We have to rethink these models and tap into the resources right in our own organizations. But how? This session explores some new ways organizations can leverage talent, wisdom, and solutions in order to keep up with the speed of change and need for growth.
· Crowdsource your company’s native intelligence by tapping into your most important asset—your people.
· Focus teams on top priorities.
· Solve problems faster—together.
· Coach each other in the moment.
Craig HickmanFuturist and SVP of New Product Development
Partners in Leadership
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm TRANSFORMATION CLINICS / AFTERNOON BREAK
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Case study: Strive for an end to end business from digital perspective to drive margin and growthSudeep Gautam - Chief Digital Officer, Pratt & Whitney
· A digital vision and blueprint: What does digital transformation mean to Pratt & Whitney?
· Lead the innovation by understanding disruptive technologies in our industry and adjacent industry
· Identify digital use cases across the organization that would make the most business impact
· Developing transformation strategies and governance model
· Developing and deploying best practices metrics to track transformation performance
Sudeep GautamChief Digital Officer
Pratt & Whitney